OOOCTA (Out of Office Configuration Assistant) – Version 4.1
Recently I released version 4.0 of the OOOCTA, which was a complete re-write of version 3.5 which some years ago (which is now no longer supported). I have had some really great feedback from readers of the site which I have decided to roll up into a .1 incremental release from version 4.0.
Specific enhancements in version 4.1 are:
- BUG FIX: Fixed problem with an Exception being thrown when either the Internal or External Message contains either a ‘ or "
- New Feature: Added in the ability to configure the target audience for external replies (All, Contacts or None)
- New Feature: Added in an operational status which reports the result of a configuration change.
I have also updated the installation and users guide to reflect the upgrade process from version 4.0 to 4.1 and the new functionality.
Version 4.0 is still available for download from the original article, however I will be retiring it in the next few weeks.
The following are the pre-requisites for the OOOCTA version 4.1.
- Windows Server 2008 R2.
- IIS 7.0.
- .NET Framework 3.5 or above.
- Exchange 2010 Service Pack 2 or above.
- Exchange 2010 Management Tools installed on the primary OOOCTA server.
- The OOOCTA Application Service Account will require Exchange Organization Management rights, you will also need the account that you use to install the software has these rights as well.
It is recommended that you install the OOOCTA on a Client Access Server within your environment. Whereas this is not essential to the operation of the tool – it makes the setup easier.
You can download both the OOOCTA v 4.0 and the Installation and Users guide from the following locations.
I hope that you enjoy OOOCTA 4.1, and of course value your feedback.