Released–Version 2.0 of the Distribution List Reporting Tool (DLRT)…
NOTE: If you would like to install the DLRT on Exchange 2013 – please use the version that has been posted here: http://www.telnetport25.com/2013/02/released-version-2-0-of-the-dlrt-for-exchange-2013/
A couple of weeks ago I released Version 1.0 of the Exchange Distribution List Reporting tool. Since then there have been a couple of updates to the original 1.0 code (versions 1.1 and 1.2) – however today I would like to present version 2.0 of the code.
I have been working on the DLRT for some months – therefore I have had a few code bases in development – and the changes in this release represent an amalgamation of all the development code that I have on my servers.
For information on the change history please see the information the change log below:
- Initial release
- Added in handling for environments where there are no distribution lists
- Added in handling for environments where there is only one distribution list
- Added in handling for lists that contain either no or only a single membership entry
- Added in an event debugging information field at the bottom of the main page
- Added in handling for lists that contain spaces within their names
- Modified the version number on the logo to 1.2
- Added a “sort” button for the lists on the main page – this sorts the names Alphabetically
- Modified Member list rendering engine from a list control to GridView when querying a single list
- Added in bulk reporting on all lists which contain members with new GridView renderer
- Added in bulk reporting on lists that contain no members with new GridView renderer
- Added in support for Distribution lists which have members in multiple domains
- Redesigned user interface
- Added in the ability to export list membership to a CSV file
- Bug Fix: Fixed the incorrect reporting of lists that contain a single nested Distribution Group
- Improved error and report handling than that in version 1.2
The original code contained within the version 1.0 release article has now been replaced with Version 2.0. The installation and upgrade process between the two versions is the same (e.g. run the setup executable and install over the top) – the IIS and Active Directory configuration remain the same.
I have also included a full Installation and Users Guide within this download section.
Installation and Users Guide
Please see the PDF download in the download section.
Screenshots – Version 2.0
As a quick preview – I have included some screen grabs of the tool below.
I hope that you enjoy the DLRT tool as much as I have enjoyed writing it – and of course that you find it useful.