The EBUCT is designed to create mailboxes within Exchange 2013 in bulk from pre-existing accounts in Active Directory. This is currently a feature which is missing from the Exchange Administrative Centre in the RTM and Exchange 2013.
This software should be executed from a server or computer which has the Exchange 2013 Management tools installed. The tool also requires version 4.0 of the .NET framework in order to execute.
The following posts contain a full overview and description of usage for the EBUCT.
Version 188.8.131.52 – 04/11/2012
- Initial release – now retired
Version 184.108.40.206 – 05/11/2012
- Changed Interface “Select / Unselect all Mailboxes” to “Select / Unselect all Active Directory Accounts”
- Changed “www.telnetport25.com” located in the status bar to be an active and clickable URL
- Moved the enable mailbox process bar to be next to the enable button
- Added in a progress status label
- BUG FIX: Fixed Directory Accounts with special characters within the name (samAccountName) were not processed correctly
- BUG FIX: The “Select / Unselect all Active Directory Accounts” check box was not unchecked when all processing had been completed
- Re-compiled the tool so that it will run with version 4.0 of the .NET Framework, some people reported issues with 4.5 as they were not running it.
- Added in Event Logging Diagnostics: The EBUCT creates an Event Log under Applications and Services called ExchangeEBUCT – relevant information from the tool is logged here
Version 2.0 – 26/04/2013
- Redesigned interface to make the software more simple:
- Removed the need to select Directory users from the from the “Active Directory Users without Mailboxes” to the “Selected Users section”. You can now just check the accounts in the Treeview.
- Added in a ‘File’ menu which allows for the application to be exited from a menu command.
- Added in an ‘About’ box.
- Flattened the user interface buttons.
- New Feature: Search for a specific account within the Active Directory Treeview.
- Error Handling: Added in some enhanced error handling scenarios which in previous versions could result in the tool raising an Exception.
- Error Handling: Program will notify you if you try and enable an account without having selected a Mailbox Database.
- Error Handling: Program will notify you if you have not selected at least one Active Directory Account.